Sunday, September 27, 2009

Gluten-Free Pizza

Let's face it, it's a heck of a lot easier to find gluten-free restaurants than it used to be. However, it's often not safe enough for anyone who is Celiac.

Let's take pizza places for example, some do gluten-free pizza now, but still process wheat in the same kitchen. It's fine for us, and we love it, but I feel the distinction should be clarified. So far we've tried Romios and Pizza Works.

Romios is just off of 85th in Greenwood. They have very yummy gluten-free bread sticks that come with tomato sauce. The pizza is also very good. The waitstaff proved to be quite accommodating and were happy to check with the kitchen regarding ingredients. I was able to request no sauce, to avoid garlic. They don't do gf-child portions so my daughter had to order off the main menu - which was more than enough food.

Pizza Works is near Bastyr University in Juanita, and they do gluten-fee and yeast-free pizza. They have soy cheese, which worked for my daughter and they let me bring my own non-cheese for my son. I was able to get my pizza without sauce here as well. The staff are very cheerful and helpful. It is also worth mentioning that the kitchen has a dedicated gluten-free area.

Pizza Works get their crusts from Sunny Valley Wheat Free - which is a 100% dedicated facility in Maple Valley. Bob at Pizza Works also told me about Haley's Corner Bakery, which is 100% dedicated gluten-free bakery in Kent.

You can still have a pizza experience!

No comments: