Thursday, September 3, 2009

Kaolin Clay and Food Sensitivities

I recendly read the book "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration"by Dr. Westin A. Price. This book is full of incredible scientific information regarding natural nutrition and health, all collected via untouched cultures around the world circa 1938.

In chapters 15 and 21 he discusses how the Quetchus Indians of South America dipped their food in kaolin clay water to prevent sour stomachs. Modern medicine discovered that kaolin was a protective agent for GI mucosa and could cure bacteria infections of the gut. It was included in such drugs as Kaopectate.

Another researcher, Dr. Code also discovered in 1938 that over abundant histamine, the actual product responsible for an allergic reaction, can be controlled by kaolin and it can be helpful for the prevention of allergies. Modern western natural medicine knows that allergies are the result of digestive dysfunction. Yet modern western medicine (that's not natural) seems to totally ignore this fact.

Luckily a new herb shop opened near my house called Herban Wellness and it stocks kaolin clay. I've been taking 1 tsp every day and have found it to lessen the effects of my allergic reaction! I almost don't believe it. I'm going to continue to take it - unless it stops working.

2 comments:

Gina said...

So far so good. It really has lowered my sensitivity level. When I do 'cheat' I'm able to tolerate things better.

Gina Seal said...

It's very easy to become dehydrated on kaolin clay - so I've had to use less. I'm down to 1 teaspoon, 3 times per week.